Ad Creative Guidelines
These guidelines are to help ensure you get your ad right first time so we can run it without any undue delay.
Web ad sizes / dimensions:
Leaderboard: 728 x 90, max. file size 50k
Display: 300 x 250, max. file size 50k
Banner: 468 x 60, max. file size 30k
Wide skyscraper: 160 x 600, max. file size 70k
Narrow skyscraper: 120 x 600, max. file size 60k
Small square: 125 x 125, max. file size 15k
Animated GIF, JPG
All must be RGB and 72dpi.
*SWF POLICY & SPEC: We prefer animated GIF to Flash if possible. However, if you need to submit a Flash advertisement, please do the following: Submit the final exported Shockwave Flash file (SWF). The SWF must be no more than 60k in file size. Flash animations may not contain music or sound effects. All text used in the FLA file must be converted to shapes prior to submitting. The entire area of the Flash animation must be covered by a button linking to the chosen page on your company’s website. No other interactivity is allowed.
When submitting animated GIF or JPEG file, please specify where your banner should link. (See SWF specifications above for linking your Flash banner.)
- Feature a call to action button, such as a “Click Here” to encourage users to click on your ad.
- Keep the animation short. Many studies show you have less than 10 seconds to grab a user’s attention; make sure you get your message and call to action across in those first seconds.
- Keep the copy short and simple.
- If the purpose of your ad campaign is to build your brand, it is advisable to include both your logo and web site address.
- To keep to the maximum file size limit, you may have to simplify the animation and optimize and limit the number of colours used.
CONTENT: All ad content is subject to editorial approval.
SUBMISSION: Please email your ads to our publisher, Daniel Klose.